Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Internship

To state the obvious, internships are kind of a big deal in DC.  There are many famous stories about interns that I don't need to mention here.  Internships are a big reason why people come to DC in the first place.  Walk around any of the Georgetown bars in the summertime and you're bound to run into a bubbly west-coaster bragging about their UC-DC experience.  In fact, one of the reasons I hate DC in the summertime is because of all those darned interns.  They fill up all the nice restaurants and stand on the wrong side of the escalator.  Plus summer is way hot.  But that's not the point.  The point is, internships are a big part of DC life.

Internships are important here too.  Especially recently!  I'm very proud to announce that my baby is an intern!  All jokes aside, this is great news.  The company is Flutterscape, and I think the concept is fabulous.  Check it out when you have a minute.  Basically, people in Japan can sell cute and strange things to people all over the world.  You can pretty much sell anything you want.  He's already trying to sell sneakers, of course.

Congratulations!  I hope this is just the beginning of your amazing Japanese business career.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome news! Congrats, John. No high profile intern stories in the news, please..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool site! I was perusing it earlier admiring all the cute little japanese doodads. (A takoyaki maker can be mine for only $35!) It only took a few clicks in for me to stumble upon the crazy japanese sex toys. Only had to sort by Most Popular, hah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great, John! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete