Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pirates

Last night we went to see Pirates of the Caribbean in 3D.  Back home, I would never have agreed to go and spend the money to see the fourth movie in a series that I don't particularly care about.  But, we hadn't been to the theater (or cinema as they say here) since November, so I thought it would be fun.



No one told me it would cost 2000 yen per person.  That's about $24 each!  And you KNOW we had to get popcorn too.  Cost aside, it was really fun.  The 3D glasses here are super cool and comfy, not like the cheap plastic ones back home that you get in the amusement park.  They have adjustable sides for people with large heads, like me.  I was hoping to see a Harry Potter preview but I got stuck with Realu Steelu and Cahrs 2 (which looks really cute, by the way-  Tow Mater on a bidet!)

Just like last time, everyone sat through all the credits.  This time, there was actually a little extra nugget of movie afterwards, so it was worth it.  But then the lights come on and everyone files out of the theater in an orderly and silent fashion.  I finally asked someone and I was told that sitting through the credits is a sign of respect for the people who made the movie.  So there you go- now it makes sense.

While it was nice to see something on the big screen, I probably won't be going back until Harry Potter in July.  I can't decide if I want to see that in 3D or not.  The 3D last night was pretty cool.  Nothing over the top like the last 3D movie I saw (The Final Destination- don't judge me).  But it is a little uncomfortable.  If you don't keep your head at the perfect angle, the 3D doesn't look right either.  I don't want anything to take away from the final Potter experience.  So we'll see.

Did you see Pirates?  What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment