It happened.
They told me it would happen eventually, but I didn't think much of it.
And then the building shook.
I was halfway through my last lesson of the morning. I was teaching my student about health, and we had just started talking about things that cause stress. "What are some things that you find stressful?" I asked my student. He just stared wide-eyed at me. I thought this was because he couldn't think of anything. But, it was because he felt it first. There it was- a weird sensation of movement. Oh. My. God. What do we do again? Hide under a desk? Stand in a doorway? Stop, drop, and roll? I had no idea. But it was over as quickly as it started. Lucky for me- I had no plan.
"I find earthquakes stressful!" What? Oh, right- very good. Earthquakes are stressful. Right- back to class. And just like that, my first earthquake in Japan was done.
Talk about feeling lost!
Ugh! I remember the earthquake this summer...it was scary! Your student had a great response!
ReplyDelete= )
So scary! I'm glad it wasn't a big one and that you were okay. Maybe now it's out of the way early and you can check that off the list...Miss you!
ReplyDeleteweird feeling, isn't it? displacing, but really not all that bad...the baby ones at least.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely weird. But everyone here says its good to have the small ones from time to time to prevent the big ones. I don't know if that's true, but I'll buy it!
ReplyDelete